Saturday, February 20, 2010

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!

I won't lie, I am a kitchen snob. I don't believe in recipes that take less than 12 ingredients and don't require at least 2/3 of my counter space and half of my mixing bowls to prepare. But I have been searching for the perfect flourless chocolate cake forever, and tried all sorts of fancy variations, but none of them had the right texture. So, in a moment of desperation, I tried one of those tacky online video instructionals:

www.metacafe.com/watch/1119791/how_...

I had little faith in it, so I halved the recipe and use a 6" pan. It only has 5 ingredients, no mixer required, and I didn't even have to separate my eggs.

Oh. My. God. It is soooo good! I had been planning on topping it with sliced strawberries and drizzling on some sweet cream cheese topping, but I ended up eating it plain, it was so good!

If you try this recipe, please let me know! If you are on a diet, please ignore the fact that there is a whole cup of butter in this cake lol. And use real, unsalted butter. Margarine or shortening won't cut it. I used Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate at a 60% cocoa rating (your cake is only as good as your chocolate, after all), and Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder, so it was extra rich.

I was gonna post a picture. I promise. But the cake didn't even survive long enough to fully cool down. (Don't worry, I had help!) ;)

No comments: